Thursday, October 02, 2008

Bicycling Magazine makes things right(!)

Bicycling Magazine has put things right regarding the use of my image in their print magazine and on their web page. They've asked that I keep our specific communications confidential, and I've agreed to that. So, I've pulled down the letters I wrote to them, as well as their responses to me.

Generally speaking, I specified terms and compensation that I felt were fair, and they agreed to them. They also agreed to post a correction in the magazine giving me credit for the original image.

I'm happy with the way things worked out. I can only hope that going forward, Bicycling Magazine (and publishers in general) will be more careful about the images they use and the manner in which they acquire them. That's really the heart of the matter. Photographers have rights. We've got to stand up for them. They've got to respect them.

No comments: