Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Easy come, easy go

Adios 29er. Farewell Rig. Sionara Karate Monkey. Hello replacement transmission for my 2000 Nissan truck.

Yup. That's it. Dreams of a new bike have gone out the window. Starting last week, I was getting some serious vibrations in my shifter when starting the truck off in first gear. Looking around many Nissan message boards, it seems this isn't uncommon. More unfortunately, it also seems to herald the impending death of the transmission. So I'm looking at a $500, $1500, maybe even $2100 (or more) job (depending on what I can find for a junkyard tranny, and who I can bribe to install it). One shining ray of hope, the girl's brother is a mechanic, and he's offered his skills. Now I just gotta sell the FS to pay for the part, I guess.

I'm seriously bummed. Dogfish Head Ale, here I come.