Friday, October 07, 2005

Quickie Politics

Allow me to mention a couple political things briefly...

Is it just me, or is it kinda coincidental that days (hours?) after King George II gives a speech telling the American public how good of a job we're doing in Iraq, how well the effort is going, how we can all sleep safer in our beds at night and how important to global security his ever-vague "War On Terror™" is there's a specific, credible terror threat in NYC? Wag the Dog, anyone? Maybe I'm just getting cynical in my old age. Ah, hell...who am I kidding. I've been cynical since I was 18.

Also, we're being led by a man who claims God told him to start wars. God. I don't care *who* you think the voices are...if you're hearing voices telling you to do shit...you should *not* have access to nuclear launch codes. You should *not* be "leading" a country. Any country. Particularly *my* country. Maybe you can have Albania.