Thursday, October 13, 2005

Serenity

So I saw the movie Serenity again today. (I also caught it opening night, but I haven't been able to come up with a decent review or outpouring of thoughts, so I haven't mentioned it here). Goddamn I loved that movie. I loved the TV show, as well. If you're a sci-fi fan, or a fan of action movies in general, you *really* owe it to yourself to see this movie. And see it on the big screen. It will still be a great movie when it hits DVD, but it's definitley worth seeing LARGE and LOUD.

If you saw any of the last three pieces-of-shit that Hollywood tried to pass off as Star Wars movies, or any of the last 100 "blockbuster" which are just rehashed, regurgitated versions of prior action movies, or any Nicholas Cage moive ever since Raising Arizona, you owe it to yourself to see a *great* action/sci-fi/character-based movie. (For those saps bilked by the Star Wars crap-quils (myself included, so I feel your pain), email George Lucas and demand your money back. You may not get it, but it will make you feel better). Then, take that money and go immediately to your local theater and buy your tickets for Serenity. And do it soon. Sadly, there's no telling how long Serenity will last in the theaters. I guarantee you'll like (if not love) Serenity.

As a matter of fact, I'll put my money where my mouth is. If any of my loyal readers (and I know who you are) go to see Serenity and honestly hate it, I will *personally* refund your ticket price*. I'm 100% dead serious. I wish I would have thought of this a week or two ago when it would have helped the box office numbers. But I'll do what I can now.

So, go see Serenity. If you hate it, email me, and I will PayPal you a refund of your ticket prices. You lose nothing, and I get a warm fuzzy karma feeling knowing I tried to help out a movie I really enjoy, and I think is being overlooked. (Also, there's a chance for two more Serenity movies. At this point it looks like a long shot. But I'll do what I can to help get those made).



* Fine Print: Offer only valid for people I know and trust, up to 4 tickets, $10/each, $40 cash outlay by me total...I'm not made of money, you know.