Friday, November 04, 2005

Work in Progress

I'm working on a longer post about my adventures (not really) last weekend, but until that is done, allow me to say...

The girl and I are completely up-to-date with Lost episodes.

The girl and I started a few weeks back with the DVDs of the first season. Neither of us had seen it while it was being aired, but I had heard so much good stuff about it that I bought the DVDs blind.

We got through the first season watching a couple episodes per night, then resorted to watching the first 5 episodes of season 2 on the computer (with massive 17" monitor!). God bless Apple for making the episodes available on iTunes for $2 each. I had started looking for places I could illegally download them a few weeks back, but was happy to see Apple had officially released them, making me less of a crook than normal. Well...today anyway.

Anyway, it's a very cool show. I only hope it can keep up the coolness without moving off into corny or trying-too-hard-to-be-weird. I was thinking yesterday that it will be strange to watch a TV series with commercials. I watch almost no broadcast TV. The shows I do watch regularly are all HBO shows (Sopranos, Six Feet Under (RIP), Deadwood, Rome). And most of broadcast shows I've seen in the last couple of years have been seen after-the-fact on DVD. Undeclared, Freaks and Geeks, Northern Exposure, Scrubs, Firefly, Lost (season 1). I think the last time I made a point to watch a broadcast TV show on a regular basis, it was 90210. Oops, did I say that out loud?