Thursday, February 01, 2007

Keep your laws off of my TV

Are you ready for some LITIGATION![TM]



What a load of shit.

NFL won't let church show game. (That would be the Super Bowl(c)(tm)(sm)(ascap)(naacp)(aflcio)(aeiou sometimes y) in case you were wondering. (*)

The NLF "...objected to the church's plans to use a projector to show the game, saying the law limits it to one TV no bigger than 55 inches."

So, according to them, if I want to watch the SUPER BOWL(c)(tm)(sm)(ascap)(naacp)(aflcio)(aeiou sometimes y) (**) on a bigass 96" screen via a nice projector in my basement (a possibility I hope will come to pass), I'd be breaking the law.

What about sports bars, say you? Read on:

"NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said the league's long-standing policy is to ban "mass out-of-home viewing" of the Super Bowl(***). An exception is made for sports bars and other businesses that show televised sports as a part of their everyday operations."

On this matter, the church has a good point:

""It just frustrates me that most of the places where crowds are going to gather to watch this game are going to be places that are filled with alcohol and other things that are inappropriate for children," Newland said. "We tried to provide an alternative to that and were shut down.""

Way to go NFL. I hope you guys come down with a nice case of jock itch.







* (Uh oh, I didn't pay to say those words in a public forum. Wonder if I'm guilty of copyright violation. Probably ought to call my lawyer just in case).

** (D'oh! Not again).

*** (I swear this one wasn't me!).