Thursday, January 05, 2006

Art show

So the first public display of one of my photos is happening as I write this. Not quite as glamorous as I envisioned my "first time" being, but what can you do.

Granted, it ain't the Met, but if you happen to be in the neighborhood of the CVS store in Vienna, VA, stop in and check out my heron photo.

I went to the store last night to print up an 8x10 of that shot (since doing so at home would drain every black ink cartridge for miles around). When the photo popped out of the printer, the woman working the photo lab was quite impressed. After oooh-ing and ahhh-ing and showing the photo to the other clerks working the registers, she asked if she could have a copy to display in the store, along side of photos by other customers. Being a sucker for attention, I said yes, and there it hangs. They don't seem to have a set schedule for how long works will stay on display, so I imagine it could disappear at any time.