Wednesday, January 12, 2005

I found this after an email from the girl. I thought it was worth sharing...

This is a clothing label from a small American company that sells their product in France.



Here's the translation of the French part of the label.

* Wash with warm water.
* Use mild soap.
* Dry flat.
* Do not use bleach.
* Do not dry in the dryer.
* Do not iron.
* We are sorry that Our President is an idiot.
* We did not vote for him.


My first thougth was "ha, funny...but not real". I hit snopes.com and found nothing. Then I dug around Google and came up with the site credited above. The company is Tom Bihn Design. They made a shirt in honor of the tag and are donating proceeds from it to the Seattle Vet Center's Homeless Vet Program. $16,000 so far. Tho, they seem to be trying to spin the story of the label in order to prevent a visit from Das Homeland SSecurity Department.

On a sorta related note, I was driving in to work today and saw a "VIVA BUSH" sticker on a car and I had to wonder...why would right-wingers pick a French word (al la "VIVA LA FRANCE") for thier candidate? I thought we didn't like the French? Remember them Freedom Fries? Now that was a good idea.