Friday, January 07, 2005

Not that I voted for him or anything...

But there are some interesting Inauguration and anti-Inauguration events coming up 1/20/05. Plenty of opportunity to make my opinion heard, and maybe take some pictures of the day's goings-on. I'm sure it will be an interesting scene downtown anywhere you go.

A copule of things I'm considering doing with my day (I've already asked for time off from work):

First of all there is the Critical Mass bike ride/protest starting off at Union Station at 7:30am. This is the leader on my list of things to do. I'm just trying to figure out how I can attach my camera/lenses to my body while I ride. I'm sure there will be some great shots to be had.

I'd love to show up and turn my back on Bush:

http://www.turnyourbackonbush.org/

http://www.turnyourbackonbush.com/index2.html

I also found this pretty cool map with parade route, metro stops, street names, entry points and buildings over-lay-able (is that a word?).

If you're coming down, beware the Metro stop closings (my post about this is coming up soon) and street closings. It's not gonna be easy getting around anywhere near the Capitol or parade route. I'm glad I'll be on a bike.