Monday, September 20, 2004

Call me paranoid (no, really...you can...I know you do when I'm not around anyway), but I firmly believe addresses for rebates on (and returns of defective) computer equipment are explicitly designed to be as complicated as possible. That way, we consumers have more chance to mess up the address, and comapnies have more chance of getting out of giving you your money (or your new, unbroken product). Case in point: I had a piece-of-shit-I-swear-I-will-never-buy-another-f*cking-Maxtor-hard-
-drive-as-long-as-I-live hard drive which died on me in less than a year. I contacted Maxtor and set up a return (easy enough...but it should be, they must have a hell of a lot of practice at this by now!). Upon receiving the new, less broken product, I was instructed to mail my busted drive to (and I quote):

MAXTOR N.A LOGISTICS
C/O EXEL LOGISTICS
ATTN: RMA# 99999999999
611 S. ROYAL LANE
STE 100
DOCK 6-7
COPPELL, TX 75019
USA

I swear to go I've mailed thigns to Japan with less complicated addresses. I have no idea where I'm gonna squeeze all that crap on a FedEx label.