Wednesday, June 16, 2004

They're....doing....it...again....

http://www.wtop.com/index.php?sid=213837&nid=25

"SOUTH RIDING, Va. - It will be weeks before the Northern Virginia Medical Examiners Office in Fairfax County completes the autopsy of the woman whose body was found in a suitcase inside a dumpster in Loudoun County.

The case is being investigated as a homicide, although investigators have not released the cause of death."

Arrgh! I don't know why I let this crap get to me. I mean, I know that the media are, generally speaking, fucking idiots (with the shining exception to this rule being NPR). And I suppose if I think hard enough about this situation, it's conceivable that the woman died of natural causes, peacefully...in her sleep, and her bereaved family decided to stuff her in a suitcase and toss her in an apartment dumpster. Theoretically.

But c'mon. You gotta admit it's a longshot.

-edit...5 minutes later-

Ok, I was going to stop with that, but seriously...what the hell kind of Engrish is this (from the article):

"The victim's age is between her mid-twenties to 40 years old."

Fucking, what? Hey WTOP...fire your editors! Now!