Thursday, October 07, 2004

Every now and then, I get the chance to test drive some incredible vehicles that normal humans will probably never be able to afford.

Well, the other day, I got another chance. Tho not quite as fast as the others I've driven, it was still pretty damn cool.

This time, it was an original Hummer. H1. Not those pansy-ass H2 Tahoes, this was the real deal. Big, noisy, mean. Turbo diesel engine, bigass winch, cab-adjustable tire pressure, as wide as a schoolbus. I gotta admit, it was really cool.

Surprisingly, it didn't drive too badly. It was big, but it didn't feel as silly-big as it is. The cockpit fit pretty well (and I'm 6'6"). I had to wedge myself in, cuz the door was smaller than normal doors, but once insde it was fine.

Unfortunately, we didn't have the chance to drive through 5' deep water, or up any 20 degree inclines. We only had a rough gravel road to play on for a minutes. But that was prolly for the best.

Sure, as a left-leaning psuedo-environmentalist I should prolly feel bad about driving these beasts of excess, but fuck it. It's not like I actually bought one.

Also, almost totally unrelated to anything else, while researching auto picutres for this post, I happened across this pretty funny website: wreckedexotics.com