Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Back from a week at the beach in NC (ok, so a week at the beach and 3/4 of a week of being home and lazy and not blogging). I had a blast. Spent a lot of time with the kayak in the surf (great fun...plus it allowed me to buy my boy DT a new pair of biking glasses cuz the pair I had psuedo-borrowed from him got sucked off of my face and out to sea after one of my 10-point surf landings). Also, had plenty of time to fine-tune my farmer tan. Taking it from light-brown-fade-to-pasty-white to darker-brown-fade-to-burny-pink. Did some beach 4x4ing to get as far away from humans as possible. Only got to do a minimal amount of biking...maybe 5-6 road miles up to a ranger's station to ask a few questions.

The cast of characters for the week consisted of me, my 12 year old daughter, my GF, her 12 year old niece and every member of my GFs extended family (anywhere from 12 to 17 people at any given time). Overall, tho, I think everything went really well. The 12 year olds were a bit much to take at times. Who knew, when you get two (or more?) of them in the same room, they start to feed off of each other and become exponentially more annoying to deal with than any one at a time. Lesson learned.

I got to do some hiking around these bigass dunes that totally looked like the Sahara Desert once you were on 'em. Took a bunch of pictures, but haven't really gone through them to see if there are any worth tweaking and sharing. One that I think does need to be shared was taken as a white-trash-style birthday gift for my sis...out in front of the "Grave Digger" monster truck home. Stylin, I tell ya. I'll post the pic somewhere in the near future. It's a winner.

So, that's about all I have to say on the vacation for now. Good time. Happens too infrequently. And now I'm back trying to get everything back in order in the office that got busted while I was away.

Ooh, one more thing...upon my return, I went with my girlfriend, DT (note: not "my girlfriend DT"...cuz we don't play for that team) and his girl to see Farenheit 911 by Michael Moore. Truly great movie that makes you (or at least *should* make you) think, regardless of your political views. Even if you don't feel like I do...that Bush v2.0 is a fucking moron-tool in the pocket of big oil. But this isn't the place for my opinion...oh, wait...